When Tom Brady took a pay cut earlier this year, it was for only one reason. That reason was to get Wes Welker locked up. Well the Patriots regime didn’t feel the same way. They let Welker leave, and what a huge mistake it has been.
In just 5 games, Wes Welker has 7 touchdowns. He has been one of Peyton Manning’s favorite targets, and has been very reliable. In just 5 games Welker has been targeted 42 times in which he has caught 31 of those balls. Welker has 315 yards, but 126 of those are Yards after the catch.
The guy that has come in to replace Welker was Danny Amendola. Amendola has so far lived up to his normal expectations. He had been injured in every season prior to joining the Patriots. Well he has been injured for the Pats as well, and has missed quite a bit of time. The guy that has filled in for Amendola is Kenbrell Thompkins. Thompkins was an undrafted wide receiver from Cincinnati Bearcats.
In 5 weeks, Thompkins has been targeted more times then Welker at 43 times. The problem is that Thompkins has only caught 18 of those passes. While Thompkins has been doing his best to replace the former pro bowl wide out, it is not cutting it. This week Brady will get his tight end back, so that should help, but it is already showing in the stat line, how much the Pats miss Welker.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for February 26, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Last Chance:Transfer Portal: Syracuse Football | Garrett Shrader Film Break Down nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/garret… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Big Board 2.0: Top 480 prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft presented by Draft Diamonds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Oregon High School broken-hearted after star football prospect Ezekiel Crowder’s suicide… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for February 26, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago