According to Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports, the Browns wanted Eugene Monroe and were willing to pay for his contract. The Jaguars dealt starting left tackle Eugene Monroe to the Ravens this week for fourth- and fifth-round picks, with Jacksonville assuming $2.35 million of Monroe’s salary and the Ravens paying $547,000.
The Browns, hearing of the Ravens nearing a deal for Monroe, reached out to the Jaguars late, and asked of their interest in a player (believed to be receiver Greg Little or right tackle Mitchell Schwartz) , but were told the Jaguars had no interest in the player at that point that trade was essentially complete, sources said.
That would have been huge for the Browns, but the Jags needed picks.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Phillies Owner is in Las Vegas Meeting with Bryce Harper ift.tt/2TcTA4j
about 31 mins ago via IFTTT
- Been there!! The heat is intense twitter.com/tomhall/status…
about 38 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Congrats twitter.com/chometheleo/st…
about 45 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Poor guy twitter.com/alexsteinnn/st…
about 47 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Antonio Vargas is a beast https://t.co/QVQTwtxv4H
about 60 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone