Today in an interview with TMZ.com, Nate Burleson goes back and explains what happened the night of his car crash.
Nate says he was in shock in the moments following the wreck, in which he suffered a broken arm and cuts on his face after a night at Happy’s Pizza and Pub in Detroit — but the 32-year-old explains, “I was completely coherent. I was trying to grasp what was going on at the moment.”
As for the pizza, Nate admits he tried to save the pie as it slid around on the front seat of his GMC Yukon … but the food slipped through his fingers … and that’s when he lost control of the ride and crashed.
“I get the jokes, ’cause reaching for a pizza isn’t the way you wanna crash your car,” Nate says … “But I’m lucky to have walked away.”
Burleson was lucky that he was not seriously injured. While I would not want Pizza Sauce on my brand new GMC Yukon, I would love to see my children get old and married.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ESPN Makes Statement on LaVar Ball Hitting on Molly Qerim on Live TV bit.ly/2x4mBlO
about 15 mins ago via IFTTT
- Cardinals Matt Carpenter Beats Extreme Shift with a Bunt for a Double bit.ly/2IRKCSP
about 24 mins ago via IFTTT
- Golfer Walks Straight From U.S. Open to His Graduation bit.ly/2KvMrIz
about 36 mins ago via IFTTT
- Danny Green Reveals What Warriors Players Said after Klay Thompson’s ACL Injury bit.ly/2WQCOL4
about 55 mins ago via IFTTT
- Kyrie Irving Has ‘Ghosted’ Celtics Ahead Of Free Agency bit.ly/2FieCGi
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT