Jay Ratliff the former draft pick of the Dallas Cowboys was released yesterday by the team after failing a physical. Ratliff was heart broken when he was released by the Cowboys and he made sure to thank the Cowboy fan base and his teammates before he left.
“First, let me say thank you to the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones for taking a chance on me in 2005. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Cowboys, and it was always my desire to begin and end my career here in Dallas. But I understand this business, and now it’s time to move on, turn the page and begin again.
To all my teammates, I want to wish them nothing but the best. Stay strong, keep fighting and always believe. I’m sorry I couldn’t be there for you, but I will always support you and value our time together.
And lastly, to all the Cowboy fans, I want to say it was an honor to play for you. Cowboy fans are the best fans in the NFL, and I thank each and every one of you for the support and love you have shown to me these past nine years. I will miss you.”
Usually when a person leaves a team under these circumstances, the player is upset, but not in this case. Ratliff was able to keep his head up and thank the organization, their owner, and their fan base. That folks is a CLASS ACT.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Denver Broncos Fantasy Football Preview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/denver… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/PNGunLepjS
about 29 mins ago
- ICYMI:That Sports Guy’s Podcast Player Interview: Chandler Zavala, OL, Fairmont State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/that-s… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- That is why the minority owners want out.....
about 48 mins ago
- This Redskins news could get really ugly
about 48 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Landon Lenoir, WR, Southern Illinois University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/landon… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago