I watched quite a bit of film this year on Jadeveon Clowney from last year, and let me tell you what I seen. It was a very athletic player, who had strength, speed and power. On film the guy looked like the next big star in the making. Well after an off-season of tooting his own horn and watching ESPN, Clowney has went from one of the best prospects in the draft, to maybe one of the laziest.
NFL teams love work ethic, they love players that can come in and make an impact. Jadeveon Clowney was a player that could do that, but lately he is letting this NFL stuff get to him.
After threatening to sit out the entire year, because of health concerns and not wanting to be injured. Clowney has been horrible. Whoever is in Clowney’s corner, feeding him this BS, should be pushed away. Clowney’s stock is not going up, rather it is going down.
I talked to an NFL scout this week about Jadeveon Clowney and he said it best:
“Clowney is playing but you can tell he does not want to get hurt. That is bad, whenever you worry about an injury, you end up getting hurt three times worse. The kid is super talented, but he looks bad. Out of shape, no stamina, and scared. I cannot put my name on a person that will not work hard everyday.”
I then asked the scout if he thought a team will draft him with the first overall pick, his response:
“There is no doubt in my mind he has the talent to play at the next level, but if you think you are already the best player and you haven’t taken a snap you better wake up. There are people on practice squads that are hungry, they want fame too.”
“If someone does draft him with the first pick and he doesn’t turn out, they might not have a job for long. We are told to avoid players that don’t give their all.”
What do you think tweeps? Would you draft Jadeveon Clowney?
I personally would not draft him in the top 10 right now. He has several games left to prove me differently.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- College Gridiron Showcase Director of Scouting Mike Rittelman sits down with Draft Diamonds nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/colleg…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Teddy came out that tent and was like this is the Falcons. We can still win, they always choke at the end of the game.
about 45 mins ago
- Let’s get you back fam! twitter.com/onemangang97/s…
about 45 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Julian Edelman injury update, How many weeks could Edelman miss?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago