Former coach Doug Williams, who was fired from his position on Sept. 11, said in a text to USA TODAY Sports on Friday,
“I’m proud of them boys. They took a stance.”
This was sent to the USA Today after Dr. Pogue and the Grambling Administration had a press conference earlier today claiming the game would go on in Jackson State. The big problem came when Dr. Pogue made a quote saying the players are not in control.
“I don’t see the players as being in control,” Pogue said when discussing the events of this past week, including the team’s walkout Tuesday. ” I have never lost control of an institution.”
Well Doc, it looks like the players are in control. Stay Strong Grambling Football Players.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for February 21st, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XGOdl8A21o
about 25 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Bills trade down from 9 to 15 pick up a 1st rounder next year and a first this year, then draft Greedy Williams twitter.com/TwitterSports/…
about 26 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- Five hidden gems in the 2019 NFL Draft - @Chobani84 @AboveQuis @SidFor6 @BradMayesQB_4 were all mentioned by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- Baron Davis’ Business Inside the Game Ignites NBA Wives Women’s Empowerment Summit, NBA and NFL Athletes, Entertain… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago via IFTTT
- Five hidden gems in the 2019 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/hidden… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7AwOtmRXD0
about 35 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro