Last night the Atlanta Falcons drove down the field with seconds left in the second half. Head Coach Mike Smith decided to go for it on two straight plays rather than kick a field goal. This decision ultimately came back to haunt them. Geno Smith drove the entire length of the field to set up Nick Folk for a game winning field goal. That decision ultimately caused the Falcons the game.
Smith defended his decision, even though I felt it was wrong:
“We felt like we needed to score a touchdown in that situation,” Smith said, per the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “We felt like we had an opportunity to do it and we didn’t get it done.”
A pass interference penalty gave the Falcons another chance to go for it (or reconsider) but running back Jacquizz Rodgers was buried short of the goal line to end the half.
“In hindsight, it is probably not the way we wanted it to work out, but that is the decision that we made,” Smith admitted.
What do you think football fans, was the decision wrong?
NFL Draft Diamonds
- AAF was a success, 95 players signed, 72 on current rosters nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/aaf-fo… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/da8f3poHgc
about 21 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- NFL Transactions for August 20, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Fj8IcEbgdm
about 34 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Today the Cleveland #Browns worked out several players in Miami. One of those players was Arena Football League’s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Tomorrow the XFL will name their teams and reveal their logos at 12:30 eastern time @xfl2020
about 37 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Ezekiel Elliott Spotted Back in Cabo With New Hairdo ift.tt/2P7J65n
about 46 mins ago via IFTTT