Last night the Atlanta Falcons drove down the field with seconds left in the second half. Head Coach Mike Smith decided to go for it on two straight plays rather than kick a field goal. This decision ultimately came back to haunt them. Geno Smith drove the entire length of the field to set up Nick Folk for a game winning field goal. That decision ultimately caused the Falcons the game.
Smith defended his decision, even though I felt it was wrong:
“We felt like we needed to score a touchdown in that situation,” Smith said, per the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “We felt like we had an opportunity to do it and we didn’t get it done.”
A pass interference penalty gave the Falcons another chance to go for it (or reconsider) but running back Jacquizz Rodgers was buried short of the goal line to end the half.
“In hindsight, it is probably not the way we wanted it to work out, but that is the decision that we made,” Smith admitted.
What do you think football fans, was the decision wrong?
NFL Draft Diamonds
- In Case You Missed the Knockout of the Year: Bronze Bomber Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale with a wicke… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Meet Model Maria Perez, DaBaby’s Posse Viciously Attacks Overzealous Fan & Orioles Infielders Made One Of The Worst… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago via IFTTT
- Last Chance:Peyton Manning to the Jets as a GM could happen? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/peyton… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Mdz1A0vzj4
about 7 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Bronze Bomber Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale with a wicked right | Greatest Knockout? youtu.be/57SA3-47k9w
about 8 hours ago via IFTTT
- Still missing, please share twitter.com/ayyynisaaa/sta…
about 9 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone