Today the Dallas Cowboys finally cut ties with four time pro bowl defensive tackle Jay Ratliff. The team ended the year-long suspense for the defensive tackle on Wednesday, by officially terminating the contract of Ratliff, placing him on the failed physical list from Reserve/PUP (Physically Unable to Perform).
Ratliff has dealt with a groin injury since last year when he underwent sports hernia surgery. The defensive tackle reported to training camp and suffered a hamstring injury in the conditioning run. He stayed with the team through camp but was eventually placed on PUP. He was eligible to come off PUP this week, and while Jerry Jones and the Cowboys have stayed mum on the situation, the decision was made Wednesday afternoon to cut ties with eight-year veteran.
This is not huge news, but it is for the rest of the NFL. If he can in fact return, expect him to come back swinging. Especially against the Cowboys.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for March 3, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Did You See This:Jets are officially shopping QB Sam Darnold, These five teams should call New York… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Draft Diamonds is now on Flipboard flipboard.com/@damondtalbot/… via @flipboard
about 44 mins ago
- Last Chance:Why would the Dolphins cut OLB Kyle Van Noy after giving him a huge contract? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/kyle-v…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- Did You See This:5 Perfect Landing Spots For Free Agent WR Allen Robinson nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/allen-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/YwuSbULxRA
about 59 mins ago