Per the Chicago-Tribune, the Chicago Bears will not sign Tony Scheffler, a close friend of quarterback Jay Cutler, despite an open spot on the 53-man roster.
The Lions released Scheffler on Tuesday after he was cleared to return from a concussion suffered earlier this season.
The Tribune also reported that 11 players worked out besides Scheffler. They were Keenan Clayton, Larry Grant, Brian Rolle and Julian Stanford. They also worked out five wide receivers, included Terrence Toliver, Kamar Aiken, Danny Coale, Cordell Roberson and Roy Roundtree. Former Northwestern quarterback Mike Kafka was involved, likely to throw to Scheffler and the receivers.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Kendrick Norton Waived by the Dolphins ift.tt/2y3Zh8m
about 36 mins ago via IFTTT
- Wow I had no clue Marcus would be returning another year. This is huge for Bucknell!! He is a big target twitter.com/marcusademilol…
about 41 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Puerto Rico Day 4 cannot wait it is a beach day!!!
about 42 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Not trying to be stupid or defend her but that means God is Greater or God is the Greatest. It is a common saying. twitter.com/deplorablekel2…
about 44 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- I have Saints and Chargers in Super Bowl twitter.com/bynatedavis/st…
about 48 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone