Adrian Peterson is on Emmitt Smith’s pace. Peterson has 9,420 yards seven games into his seventh season. Smith had 9,488 to this point.
Peterson would have to average 1,475 yards per season over the next five years to break Smith’s all-time rushing record of 18,355.
Peterson, thinks it’ll be sooner than that. He predicted last summer that he would become the NFL’s all-time leading rusher in Week 16 of 2017. He said the same thing this week in an interview with the media.
“I definitely have to keep my game up to par.. and that record can be broken,” Peterson said. “But I’m not focusing on that. I set goals, and I just go out and play and if happens, it happens and if doesn’t, it doesn’t. I don’t harp on it.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Fantasy Football Friday FLEX: Joshua Kelley, RB, LA Chargers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/joshua… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/pAR3uJLgMv
about 20 mins ago
- ICYMI:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Ryan Roberts, Director of Scouting NFL Draft Bible nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ryan-r… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- ICYMI:Can Jackson State pry his Deion’s son Shedeur away from Florida Atlantic? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/shedeu… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Carolina Panthers need to draft a quarterback in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/panthe… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- ICYMI:All Eyez On Me: Five 2021 NFL Draft Prospects whose stock is rising because of coronavirus nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/stock/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 1 hour ago