The Washington Redskins are far away from becoming a contender in my opinion, but if they can get good quarterback play from Case Keenum they may be okay in 2019. I still feel their biggest need is a quarterback, but besides quarterback they need, wide receiver, center, linebacker, an edge rusher. Let’s find five small schoolers to help turn the Redskins into a contender.
Layton Rabb, QB, Midwestern State University – The 6-foot-4-inch quarterback finished his college career at Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, where his 6,399 passing yards and 62 passing touchdowns each rank second all-time in the program. The kid is a gunslinger and reminds me of Luis Perez the former QB of Texas A&M Commerce. He is considered a priority free agent right now.
Spencer Schnell, WR, Illinois State University – Schnell led the Redbirds and the MVFC in receptions with 65, and ranked second in the league with 872 receiving yards and nine touchdowns. Schnell averaged 13.4 yards per catch and 79.3 yards per contest, and he is a solid player who could come in and dominate for the Redskins. He is a priority free agent player in my opinion.
Chris White, OC, Murray State University – Murray State center Chris White is a big boy at 6020 and 318 and he is a tough player with a mean streak. White could end up starting day one in the NFL, he will likely be an undrafted free agent, but this kid has everything you want at the center position.
Dante Olson, LB, Montana – Olson led Division I football in total tackles (FBS and FCS) in the regular season with 151 total tackles. The kid is a tackling machine and he has great size. A mike linebacker at 6030 is very impressive. He has everything you want at linebacker. He will be a priority free agent and if the Redskins do not act fast they may miss out on him.
Sterling Sheffield, Edge Rusher, Maine – The 6020, 250 pound edge rusher is a tackle for loss machine. He finished the season with 18.5 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks in 2018. Sheffield helped lead the Maine defense in almost every category his senior year. He would be a steal for the Redskins later in the draft, but is more than likely a priority free agent.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Odell Beckham Jr. admitted to being a cancer to a team that was okay with losing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 22nd, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/khvLjPjDTz
about 23 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:The World’s 4 Best Sports Holidays for 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/sports… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1DtuBTW44F
about 55 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Did the Odds Shift for the Browns after 2017 and 2018 Draft First Picks? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/browns… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Wonderlic Scores for the top QB’s are out, Kyler Murray had the lowest score nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/kyler-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro