The 2nd annual NFL Regional Scouting Combine Invitational took place this weekend in Kansas City, MO, home of the Kansas City Chiefs. This piece was put together by Kevin Gray of Sports Radio America..
Participants went through similar drills as those who participated the NFL Scouting Combine last week in Indianapolis.
Combine results for on-field drills were not made available to the media, though players and scouts were made aware of their individual results. Full results for drills such as the 40-yard dash, shuttle runs, etc. will be made available at a later date.
There were several players that took advantage of their opportunities to impress teams and scouts as they continue their path to the 2019 NFL Draft.
Here our some of the top performers and sleepers to watch for as we head toward Nashville for the NFL Draft.
QB Amir Hall – Bowie State(6’4, 206 lbs)
- Good arm strength, makes all NFL throws, displays poise in the pocket while keeping eyes down field, very good athleticism; lead Division II in passing yards and was 5th in passing TD’s with 31; former Black College Football Player of the Year
CB Chris Johnson – North Alabama (6’2, 202 lbs)
- Natural hips; good closing speed, light on his feet; natural hands catching the football, good athleticism, is a willing tackler; 8 interceptions during last two seasons, former first-team All-Gulf South Conference performer
WR Tyron Johnson – Oklahoma State (6’0, 192 lbs)
- Good physicality, good speed, displays natural pass catching ability, crisp route-runner, high points the football well, quick first step that has ability to make defenders miss; red-shirt Junior and is 23 years old; made most of RS Junior year after sitting behind James Washington; was Offensive MVP of 2019 Liberty Bowl
DT Fred Jones – Florida State (6’1, 316 lbs)
- Quick off the ball, violent hands, creates significant push with his power, displays good ability to shed blockers, has speed to move in space, physical at the point of attack; best season was 2018 with 26 tackles and 4 TFL’s
DE Kyle Phillips – Tennessee (6’4, 275 lbs)
- Strong at the point of the attack, showed violent hands during drills, good motor, physical build, got better each year at Tennessee, in 2018 had 7.5 TFL’s and 4 sacks; good quickness during drills, can set the edge, good quickness
The NFL Draft will take place April 25th-27th in Nashville, TN.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Jalin Burrell, CB, University of New Mexico nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/jalin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- DeAndre Hopkins’ Ex-Girlfriend Amina Blue Gave Birth bit.ly/2KMvvy3
about 56 mins ago via IFTTT
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Didn’t Receive Alabama Degree Because of Ridiculous Balance on Student Account bit.ly/2UOqOZh
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT
- Snoop Dogg NSFW Rant on Clippers Following Blowout Loss To Warriors bit.ly/2Iw7aea
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- Meaning they will take a TE later in the draft! twitter.com/tcbills_astro/…
about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone