• Name: CJ Fritz
• Height: 5’10
• Weight: 185
• Position: CB/Nickel/RS
• College: University of Tennessee-Chattanooga
• Twitter: @fritzisland6
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born in a small city by the name of Cleveland, TN. It is about 30 miles north of Chattanooga. I spent most of my childhood living there until I moved to Chattanooga when I was in 7th grade. Chattanooga is somewhat bigger than Cleveland but what I love most about Cleveland and Chattanooga is that I have a lot of family in both cities that are very supportive of me.
these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and
Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Practice: This is most important to me because if you aren’t perfecting your craft as much as possible then it will be tough to get better each day. 2. Film Study: This is the next most important step because once you’ve put on tape your ability, now you review how you can make it even better. Also to study your opponent and to know what their tendencies are and which techniques and coverages to use against them to your advantage. 3. Strength and Conditioning: This is the my 3rd most important step but it is not taken lightly, you still have to be in optimal shape to play at the highest level. You need a combination of all 3 of these to be able to play at the highest level.
do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry about much. I am a firm believer in my Faith so I believe God has a plan for me as long as I stay focused and trust in Him.
me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did
you overcome failure?
• During summer school, early in my college career, I had to take an extremely hard online class called Operations Management. In summer courses, they move twice as fast as regular fall/spring semester courses. So this was my first real test being in a hard summer course while in college. I ended up having to drop the course because my grade was not good enough to earn the credit I needed. I was disappointed in myself because I take pride in doing my best in anything that I do. I retook the same class that fall semester and earned a high B in the class.
do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I have always developed great relationships with my teammates, whether he was an OL, Kicker, WR. Anyone on the team could come to me for anything, so I feel like my leadership qualities is one of my best attributes.
is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I would have to say Calvin Ridley or Deebo Samuel.
would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I graduated with a business finance degree so I would want to be a financial advisor and/or an investor.
desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk, Room, Car. In that order.
there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family
member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member because I would never turn my back on my family, no matter the situation or circumstance.
you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Superman, because he does it all. My family calls my father Superman just for that reason. Just like Superman and my father, I feel like I can overcome any challenge that is put in my way.
me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome
• The biggest adversity I’d have to overcome was whenever I had torn my ACL in fall camp, my true freshman year of college. I had just moved up the depth chart to a starting position at CB and tore it that same day. In that moment, I thought my career was either over or that I would never be the same player. Over the course of my rehab time, I developed my mental toughness to be as strong as it ever been, which lead me to overcome the physical pain that I endured while rehabbing everyday. I came back in 8 months and was stronger, faster, and more confident than I had ever been.
is your most embarrassing moment?
• During college, I had applied for this internship at a financial firm. My advisor had set it up for me so I wasn’t familiar with the company. During the interview, they asked me specific questions that I had never thought about. I started to sweat profusely and gave back an answer nervously. After the interview, the employers recommended that I do not sweat if I were to interview with another firm.
was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• After I had came back after my ACL recovery, that next year I was RS-Freshman. We won our conference for the 3rd year in a row and reached the playoffs. In the 2nd round, we played Jacksonville State, and I made a TD saving interception to send the game in OT.
song best describes your work ethic?
• Never Stop by Future
is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you
succeed at the next level?
• It is very important to have great character and integrity. If you have those, I feel like anyone is willing to take a chance on you because they know you will bring value on and off the field.
you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and
• My uncle Lawrence, just to show him how much I’ve accomplished since he’s been gone. His dream for me, has always been to play at the next level.
you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Fritzy Feet
is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Kenny Moore, nickel CB for the Colts.
you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Respect goes a long way that being Liked can never get you.
player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most
• Josh Gordon because he had to do things simply just to survive and if he was able overcome his issues, he could have been one of the best WRs the NFL has seen in decades.
you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win because losing is often the best way to learn and get better.
has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father because he overcame a lot of things in life that not many other people would have been able to overcome. He instilled me the importance of having a strong belief in my faith and to look to God for everything and if I work and stay focused, I will achieve anything that I want in life.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Odell Beckham Jr. admitted to being a cancer to a team that was okay with losing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 22nd, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/khvLjPjDTz
about 58 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:The World’s 4 Best Sports Holidays for 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/sports… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1DtuBTW44F
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Did the Odds Shift for the Browns after 2017 and 2018 Draft First Picks? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/browns… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Wonderlic Scores for the top QB’s are out, Kyler Murray had the lowest score nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/kyler-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro