- Name: Andre Williams
• Height: 6’
• Weight: 240lbs
• Position: OLB
• College: University of Pikeville
• Twitter: @Socks_Sandals15
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown of Louisville, Kentucky is a very beautiful place because it’s got plenty of history and icons that come from Louisville like Muhammad Ali and Ray Allen. What I love most about the city is it’s where my family is.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, practice, strength and conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my grandparents, I’ve always been apart of their lives and I know that have a huge part in raising me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I remember my junior year state wrestling tournament and I lost my first two matches and was done with the tournament. I took it as a point where I couldn’t rely on anyone else to get me on the podium with the top wrestlers in the state. Then my senior year came, I had to prepare my mind and body for my last year and I shook the world and got one the biggest upsets of the entire tournament and I took down the previous #1 ranked wrestler in KY on my way to finally be able to stand in the podium as a first from my school since 2007.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My aggressiveness in practice, communication with teammates off the field, and I bring energy and enthusiasm into the locker room every time I walk in.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I don’t remember names exactly but Point University’s QB was very athletic in my opinion.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a strength trainer because I love being in the weight room and it’s important to know how to lift weights correctly in order to get the right outcome that you want.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk, Room, Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member, family is all we have in this world and I would do anything to save my family life over my own or anyone else’s.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’d be Dr. Strange, it would be amazing to learn wizardry and to use it to help the world be a better place.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity I’ve ever had was having the opportunity actually play football here at University of Pikeville as a redshirt. I came here as a freshman with 0 offers and 0 looks from high school so being able to say that I did what people said I couldn’t, makes the feeling even better. Especially if I can get my shot at playing at the next level.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I remember I was in 5th grade I was riding rollerblades with some friends down the street, when my mother yelled my name out so loud that it scared me so much I actually made myself slip forward and fall backward in front of like 6 other people.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first forced fumble against Point University.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Heat Stroke by Montana of 300
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Ability of taking notes and film watching. Learning my opponents’ weaknesses, and even watching film to learn and see what I can do better technique wise on each play.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Bernie Mac, he’s my favorite comedian and I know he’d always keep me laughing with all the conversation and stories we’d talk about. When I watch Bernie Mac on his tv show or in any of his stand up comedies, I’m always glued to the tv.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Get Down
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jadeveon Clowney
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, because there’s already a few people on the world that don’t like me so I don’t stress for people’s likes. But if I don’t have your respect, I’ll earn it one way or another.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice, because personally I don’t see anything wrong with parental discipline when it’s needed. It’s a priority when it comes to raising any child especially bringing up a young man into the world.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose, I like winning but putting in the work in all week, leaving everything out on the field, and still losing the game. I don’t like losing at all.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My big cousin Delvon, he was my brother that I never had. I always loved to spend time with him and ride around in his car with him going to different places and meeting new people. He was older than me by like 6 years, but he helped me with things my mother couldn’t while I was growing up. I still write him letter to this day until he comes back home.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Odell Beckham Jr. Responds to Dozens In Lengthy Twitter Rant bit.ly/2ZD9R2W
about 14 mins ago via IFTTT
- Jordyn Woods Talks Tristan Thompson Drama for First Time Since ‘Red Table Talk’ bit.ly/2Pr3Bqe
about 39 mins ago via IFTTT
- Robert Kraft Masseuse Shen Mingbi Arrested After Video Shows Sexual Encounter bit.ly/2GCM1wJ
about 59 mins ago via IFTTT
- Pirates Pitcher Goes Down With an Injury After Releasing a 97 MPH Fastball bit.ly/2IRFBLy
about 59 mins ago via IFTTT
- Olivia Culpo Responds to Danny Amendola After Public Drama bit.ly/2GFDQzT
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT