• Name: Michael Alexander
• Height: 6’0”
• Weight: 245
• Position: LB/LS
• College: Saginaw Valley State University
• Twitter: Michael_Mizzou
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I grew up in a small town, Festus, MO where I attended Jefferson High School. I then transferred high schools after my sophomore year and moved to Midland, Michigan where I attended Midland High School. Festus is a very small town where it is very easy to know everyone in the town. The thing I loved most about Festus is that you’re able to know everyone and become close with the people you live near. Midland was much larger for me and one thing I loved about Midland is the people in the town are so nice and everyone was
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study, Strength and conditioning. Practice comes first; practice is going to translate most to the field to produce the best on game day. Film study is next; studying what and where you can improve as well as studying your opponent is great but if you don’t practice well then it isn’t much use. Then next is strength and conditioning. Supplementing what you do on the practice field and in games through strength and conditioning to improve so that hopefully it will translate to the physical aspect of the game of football. Training is very important, and I love working out. However, practice comes first because practicing the functional football movements on the field will lead to the most production on the field.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry about much. I am at peace. I control what I can control and let God handle the rest.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• There was a time when we were maxing out power cleans during one of our workouts and I attempted 370. The first time I didn’t get it, I failed because I didn’t trust my form and technique. I was frustrated but took some coaching and attempted again. This time I listen to my coach to the best of my ability, trusted my form, and went for it. I finally got it and power cleaned 370.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say constantly doing the right thing. I get complimented on my character often. I appreciate it when they say that.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Ferris State – Jason Vander Laan
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would like to be a strength and conditioning coach if I couldn’t play football.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, desk, car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose my family member because family comes first.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Thor because he is unstoppable, relentless, funny, strong, and who wouldn’t want to be Thor.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity I have faced is transferring high school. Leaving my hometown, the friends I grew up with, played sports with, etc. It was a tough time in my life to pick up and leave, but I was able to make a smooth transition since I played sports and the people I met were so nice and accepting. I was able to visit my friends I grew up with a few times and stay in contact with them, so it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would have been.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I don’t have just one memory that sticks out to me, but no doubt my two older brothers are responsible for most of my embarrassing moments.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my career is when we were playing Northern Michigan and there was a WR crosser. I leveled him, and then I saw the QB dropping back looking like he was about to scramble. So I ended up running him down and getting a strip sack. It’s probably the fastest I have ever run.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Grindin – NF
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait you can have is to be coachable. You can be the most physically talented player in the country but if you can’t listen to a coach and follow a scheme then you cannot help the team win.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would have to say Jesus Christ so that I could witness some miracles and be in His presence.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Roxbury. I love the movie A Night At The Roxbury with Will Ferrell so I would have to name it after that nightclub.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• I don’t have anyone who comes to mind. I think if you’re good enough to be in the NFL then you’re obviously not an overrated player.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. Life and football is not a popularity contest. I seek to be respected in everything that I do. I can make much more of an impact if people respect me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I don’t have any player in mind.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. I like to celebrate the victory and seeing all the hard work pay off.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Besides Jesus Christ, my Dad has had the biggest influence on my life. He has always been my biggest supporter and has sacrificed so much for me to get where I am today. He is no doubt my reason for success and the one who has instilled the values of hard work in me.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Jalin Burrell, CB, University of New Mexico nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/jalin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- DeAndre Hopkins’ Ex-Girlfriend Amina Blue Gave Birth bit.ly/2KMvvy3
about 58 mins ago via IFTTT
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Didn’t Receive Alabama Degree Because of Ridiculous Balance on Student Account bit.ly/2UOqOZh
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT
- Snoop Dogg NSFW Rant on Clippers Following Blowout Loss To Warriors bit.ly/2Iw7aea
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- Meaning they will take a TE later in the draft! twitter.com/tcbills_astro/…
about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone