The Kansas City Chiefs were amazing last season and that was a large part because their quarterback play was fantastic. Now the Chiefs have to find a way to improve their secondary and get a few more weapons on the offensive and defensive line. We feel the Chiefs biggest needs in the 2019 NFL Draft are: Defensive Tackle, Offensive Guard, Cornerback, Safety and Wide Receiver, so let’s talk about some small schoolers who can fill the void.
Randy Robinson, DT, Jacksonville State University – The Lovejoy, Georgia native is a force in the middle of the field. He stands around 6020 and weighs 307 pounds. He is a force in the middle of the field for Jacksonville State and I feel he would end up being an amazing rotational guy on the Chiefs front. Robinson has quick feet for a big man, but at this point is considered a free agent.
Brian Fineanganofo, OL, Idaho State – Many feel Fineanganofo as an offensive tackle, but he can be versatile enough to play everywhere on the O-Line. He stands at 6050 and is 295 pounds. This kid can play and fits the mold of the Chiefs and what they are trying to do. Brian Fineanganofo is considered a priority free agent as well.
Josh Simmons, CB, Limestone College – Simmons a Moncks Corner native and he plays with tenacity. Vyncint Smith of the Texans came out of Limestone last year and he had a solid rookie season. Simmons is a 6010 cornerback who is an in your face type of player. He will blend in well with the Chiefs secondary. Simmons is considered a priority free agent, and will not cost the Chiefs a draft pick.
Rob Rolle, S, Villanova – The Chiefs need a safety and Rob Rolle of Villanova is a guy who can come in right away and start. Rolle, a New Jersey native stands at 5110 and weighs 190 pounds. He is not afraid of contact and has a nose for the ball. I think he is a late round pick, but he would be a great draft pick for the Chiefs later in the draft, especially with Sam Madison as their new defensive back’s coach.
Trey Brock, WR, Hillsdale College – The Chiefs have a solid receiving core already but adding a guy like Trey Brock from little Hillsdale College would be a very smart move. The 6030 wide out was a touchdown machine. He shattered the school record at Hillsdale hauling in 256 career receptions for 4,401 receiving yards and 40 touchdowns. He could be a later round pick but as of right now I see him as a priority free agent.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Odell Beckham Jr. admitted to being a cancer to a team that was okay with losing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 22nd, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/khvLjPjDTz
about 24 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:The World’s 4 Best Sports Holidays for 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/sports… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1DtuBTW44F
about 56 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Did the Odds Shift for the Browns after 2017 and 2018 Draft First Picks? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/browns… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Wonderlic Scores for the top QB’s are out, Kyler Murray had the lowest score nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/kyler-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro