- Name: Justin Banks
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 195lb
- Position: DB
- College: Emory & Henry
- Twitter: @0xavier3
Tell us about yourhometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am from a small town in SWVA, called Coeburn. WhatI love most about that place is being able to go to our local gym called EliteFitness, when I am not at Emory and Henry training, this really is my favoriteplace to be.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning are first on my list because in order to compete at your best you have to take time and put in the work in the weight room and be in the best condition that you can. Football is a physical sport and it requires time and works in the weight room. Practice is next because it ties into strength and conditioning because in order to compete at practice and do it at a high level you need strength and conditioning. In practice, you are able to work on your craft and do things that the weight room just can’t. You are able to get reps and get better on the field. Being able to compete against each other firsthand lets you know where you stand and what you need to work on. Film study is last simply because if you aren’t doing what needs to be done in the weight room you won’t see the field at practice or have a chance to get reps in drills, If you can’t practice and do it at a high level you won’t be able to play. So, film study is last on my list but is also very important. In film study, you are able to see some tendencies and know what to expect out of the different personnel you see. You can know which routes to expect or what play the other team tends to run out of a formation. By watching enough film you are already one step ahead of the competitor and it makes you a better player, not by physicality, but by being smart and knowing where to be when you see a formation and you know what they are running.
What do you worryabout, and why?
• Not being able to make my family proud, I would hate to feel like I letmy family down or wasn’t able to give them everything they want in life.
Give me an exampleof when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My sophomore year of college and my firstgame starting, it was late in the game and Ferrum was going for it on 4th down,I gave up a pass and they caught it and got the first down and eventually theyscored and won the game. I felt like it was my fault we lost that game. Afterthat I promised I would never feel that way again and worked hard on gettingbetter so i could be someone my teammates could count on in a big moment. Thereis no worse feeling than letting my teammates down. It is a hard pill toswallow.
What do yourteammates say is your best quality?
• Work ethic
Who is the bestplayer you have ever played against in college?
• D’Eric Bell from Guilford College
What would yourcareer be if you couldn’t play football?
• Personal Trainer
Room, desk, and car– which do you clean first?
• For me, my room has to stay cleanbecause it says a lot about how you carry yourself and if you are an organized.A messy room equals a messy life.
If there was adisaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, whichwould you choose and why?
• My family member because
If you could be anytelevision or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The Fresh Prince himself, Will Smith. Ialways loved watching the fresh prince of bel air and the messages I receivedfrom each episode and how they related to life. That is just a man who isrespected by everyone and you really can’t hate on Will Smith.
Tell me about yourbiggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• When i lost my baby sister in a caraccident the day before thanksgiving break, my junior year of college. I wassupposed to see her the next day and we were so close. I overcame it by makingher my reason, my reason why I wake up in the mornings. And why i live life to the fullest. She is mymotivation.
What is your mostembarrassing moment?
• My junior year of college againstMaryville College, i dropped a wide open interception that hit off of myfacemask and till this day my teammates still give me hell about it.
What was the mostmemorable play of your collegiate career?
• Strip against Washington and Lee myjunior year for a score, it set the tone for the game. I ended the game with 14tackles, 2 TFLs, a forced fumble, fumble recovery, and a touchdown.
What is the mostimportant trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed atthe next level?
• Ability to be coachable
If you could bringone person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My baby sister, just to tell her how much she meant to me and that I love her and am doing my best every day to make her proud. She is my motivation
If you were to opena dance club, what would you name it?
• One Time, so you could always talk aboutthe one time you and your friends had the time of your lives. Memories withyour friends last a lifetime and it is something each of youll will alwayscherish.
Who is the mostunderrated player in the NFL?
• Keenan Allen
Would you rather beliked or respected, and why?
• Respected, respect is something youhave to earn so in order to be respected
What player who hadhis career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kareem Hunt, not because I condone whathe did in any way but because he was so young with a bright future
Do you love to win,or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose because if I step out on the field I expect to win and that’s it. The thought of losing does not cross my mind.one bit.
Who has been thebiggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My older brother, Erikk Banks. Growing up heset the path and perfect example for me as an athlete and student. In highschool he was “that guy” was an all-state athlete and a 4.0GPA student. I justhave so much respect for him because he worked for everything that came to him.He came from a small 1A school in SWVA with about 400 students and played D1football at VT and this was before social media had the impact it has today.Being black where we were wasn’t easy, especially playing football. Racism wasa factor but he beat the odds and made the most of his opportunities and neveronce made an excuse. He is the biggest influence in my life and He is mybest-friend. We push each other to begreat every day. He is the reason I am where I am today!
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Odell Beckham Jr. admitted to being a cancer to a team that was okay with losing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 22nd, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/khvLjPjDTz
about 39 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:The World’s 4 Best Sports Holidays for 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/sports… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1DtuBTW44F
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Did the Odds Shift for the Browns after 2017 and 2018 Draft First Picks? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/browns… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Wonderlic Scores for the top QB’s are out, Kyler Murray had the lowest score nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/kyler-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro