• Name: Alex Ney
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 235
• Position: Middle Linebacker
• College: Southwest Minnesota State University
• Twitter: Alvin @NeyGuy5
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Rochester Minnesota, and what I love most about Rochester is the atmosphere that we can create for our crosstown rival games. Crosstown football and hockey games bring in giant crowds are what every kid dreams about growing up in Rochester.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study- To be successful on the field, many hours of film need to be put in. For myself, studying linemen movements and tendencies helps tremendously. Strength & Conditioning is the second most important to me. I’m a big believer in having those two aspects implemented so you can increase your gameplay and overall performance. I would put practice as least important of the three. Obviously, practice is very important, but by having the film study down as well as the strength & conditioning, practice is a lot easier to handle mentally and physically.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I always worry about losing my position even when I was a starter each year. I’m a very competitive person, so it would push me to always go above and beyond what is expected.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed to maintain above a 3.0 in school my first semester and I lost my academic scholarship. This was an eye opener for me and from that point on I have not let myself slack in school and have been able to maintain a 3.2 GPA from then on.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is leadership. I was voted captain two years in a row and for that to happen my teammates must be able to trust me and look to me when adversity hits.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• CJ Ham from Augustana. He was a very big and versatile running back that could make big plays if you allowed him too.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a Strength and Conditioning specialist. It would be a great experience to work with football and hockey athletes.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first. Its where I spend most of my time.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member. I couldn’t leave behind a family member who has been there for me through everything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Joey from friends. He lives a fun life and spends every day and every moment of his life with his close friends.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity in my life came through football.
I was a starter my freshmen year in college and planning on starting again until I moved positions and sat on the bench the following year behind a very good player. I was frustrated, and many thoughts went through my head, but with the help of my coaches and family I fought through it and ended up starting the last 6 games of the season and the rest of my career from then on.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In hockey practice, I went for a hit and tripped on a puck. I had to take a few days off from practice after that.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Making a big hit against Sioux Falls on a drag route coming back across the formation. The crowd went crazy and Matke field was as loud as I’ve ever heard it.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Droppin’ plates by Disturbed
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I believe having the Physical trait is the most important. Physically gifted players allow a coach to focus more on the non-physical traits and improve a player’s football IQ.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Stephen Hillenburg because of his amazing ideas and the creation of “SpongeBob”
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name it “The Power 5 Night Club”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Melvin Ingram. Not the most, but arguably very underrated because of how good Joey Bosa is and all the hype he creates.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Having respect from others means you are a leader and people follow your actions.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I can’t say any off the field issues I have heard of haven’t been brought on by that player’s decision. If you make a decision, there is always a consequence. Good or bad.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. I have been on many losing teams and every time we lose it creates a burning passion to just win. There isn’t a feeling out there after winning at something weather it’s in life or in a sport.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents have been the biggest influence in my life. They have always had my back and given me their full commitment in everything I do. Having a support group like them has made every adversity situation in my life a lot easier.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Odell Beckham Jr. admitted to being a cancer to a team that was okay with losing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 22nd, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/khvLjPjDTz
about 49 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:The World’s 4 Best Sports Holidays for 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/sports… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1DtuBTW44F
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Did the Odds Shift for the Browns after 2017 and 2018 Draft First Picks? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/browns… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Wonderlic Scores for the top QB’s are out, Kyler Murray had the lowest score nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/kyler-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro